Here, we’ll be studying how to change the Hotmail password successfully.
This might sound stupid to some as it is a simple thing to do, but for many new internet users, this is a total headache and searching it in the help forum is kind of impossible.
Therefore, here are the 3 easy steps to change your login credential.
- First of all, login to your Hotmail account and click on your profile image from the top right corner of your screen.
- Now, select View Account. This will redirect you to the settings page from where you need to click on Security tab from the menu bar.
- Now, there are 3 options available on this page. So, choose Change Password and you’re done.
Things to remember:
- You need to go through the verification process before changing your password that includes verifying via mobile number or alternate email address. Unlike other email services, you won’t be allowed to change your login password without verification.
- it is highly recommended to change your password every 3 months. in this way, your account will be safe and secure from others. But there are many cases where users change their passwords every 3 months as recommended and end up forgetting it. So, make sure you choose the best password that you can remember easily. but again, remember that you can easily reset your password if you have your mobile number or alternate email address linked to your account.
- Lastly, there’s been a lot of changes in the Hotmail in recent years and things have been changed a lot. This includes some of the steps involved in changing the password as well. Hence, follow these steps above and change your credential.
So these are the 3 easy steps involved in changing your password. If you have any queries regarding this or any problem that you’re still facing, please feel free to comment below.