Here we’ll be discussing everything that you need to know about the Hotmail login and the options related to it. So, without wasting much more time, let us jump right into it,
Hotmail Login Process
- First and foremost, you need to get to the sign in page of Outlook. So, in order to get to this page, you need to type in Hotmail.com.
- Now, from this page, click on on “Sign in” button.
- Here, in this page, enter your email address and click on next. Make sure you enter your full email address instead of just entering your username.
- Now, enter your password in the empty field and click on “Sign in”.
- If you wish to stay logged in on this device then check the box that says “remember me” or else uncheck it.
So, these are the steps that you need to follow in order to successfully login to your account.
Forgot Email Password
- First off, enter your email address and click “Next”.
- Now, click on the link that says, forgot my password.
- Here, you’ll be given three option. these are basically the reasons that why can’t you sign in to your account. So, in this case, we need to choose the first one i.e. I’ve forgotten my password.
- Now the best thing about the Hotmail is you can’t just make some changes without verifying your account. Therefore, you need to verify your account first. And to do this, you need to enter your email address of which you have forgotten your password and the captcha image (these captchas are case sensitive).
- Once you’ve completed the above step, you can proceed in verifying your account. Here, you have 3 options to verify your account. Namely, by Mobile number, alternative email address and Don’t have any of these.
- So, choose any one of these. And for the ease of use, you can go with verifying with mobile number.
- So, as you choose this step, you need to enter your mobile number that you have registered with your Hotmail account.
- Once the number matches, Hotmail team will send a code to that number.
- So, all you need to do is enter that code, verify your account and choose a new password.
Things to remember:
If you haven’t entered your mobile number or alternative email address in your Hotmail account then these options are not available. So, in this case, you need to choose “I don’t have any of these” option that we discussed above and follow the steps further.
Change Login Password:
As per the experts, you need to change your password every 3 months. But most of the users don’t obey this regulations as they don’t know how to change it. So, here are the simple steps to change your Outlook Login Credentials in brief,
- Sign in to your account.
- From the settings menu, click on Edit Profile
- Now from this page, click on Security from the menu bar.
- Now click on Change password tab, verify your account and change the password.
Hotmail Sign up Process
Outlook Sign up process has been changed a bit in the past few years. So, if you have been before then you might notice the changes.
- Go to the official site of Hotmail.
- Click on Create Account.
- Now, the very first thing you need to do is choose your username and the sub domain that you wish your email address to be. For example: @hotmail.com or @Outlook.com. here, the only thing to remember is to make sure that your username is unique. However, if it’s not then you can add some numbers in it to make it one. Also, choose wisely as usernames can not be changed later on.
- Once you’re done with the usernames, click on Next. Now, you need to choose the password for your email address. And unlike in the previous days, there’s no limitation while choosing the password. So, choose freely, but make sure to make it strong and secure by inserting numbers, Caps letters and some special characters in it.
- Now, enter your full name, followed by your date of birth and your country.
- Finally, enter your mobile number. This used to be optional but with the growth in technology and fear of low security, this is made compulsory. So, choose the country code first then enter your number. Make sure you enter your own number as Hotmail will send the verification code in that number.
- Once the verification process is finished, your account is now created.
There are the simple steps involved in creating an account in Outlook.
There are many email service providers in the internet but why to choose Hotmail? This may be the question among most of the people. But here, I’ve point out some of the unique features/service that you’ll only find in Outlook that’ll make you choose this among others.
Two Step verification Process / Microsoft Authenticator
Two step verification is the best way to make your Hotmail email account super safe and strong. In other words, it adds an extra layer of protection to your account. Once you enable this process, you need to enter the additional code sent by Hotmail team in your selected platform once you enter your password to sign in to your account. So, in order to make your account safe, make sure you enable this option.
whats so unique about two step verification process in Hotmail
You may be wondering that all the email service has this option and it doesn’t make Hotmail unique in all other way. But let me tell you this, in Hotmail, they have an special app, Microsoft Authenticator specially designed for two step verification process. What this does is, once you enable the process with an app, you can approve the login request by your app. And the best thing about this is, you can access this app even if there’s no internet connectivity. Sounds good right. Also, you can add more than one account in this app which makes it multi purpose all in one app.
Microsoft Family Features
Did you know that you can now control the web activity of your child via your own Hotmail account? Sounds crazy right but it’s true. There’s a free service called Microsoft family features where you need to create a group in it. And once you add your child’s account in it, you can control almost every web related activity from it. For instance, you can block the particular sites in your child’s PC. This is helpful for those whose kids spend too much time in social media.
Furthermore, you can allow only the selected sites to be viewed from your child’s PC.
And the best part is, if you have an XBox and then you probably know that it needs an Outlook email account to operate it. So, you can literally create a time table of game play for all week/month long.
So overall, this family feature is the service from where you can control your kid’s web activity and gaming time as well.
Tight security in compared with other emails
Have you noticed in Hotmail that even if you want to make some changes in your account, you need to go through the verification process? This is because Hotmail is too strict regarding the security. For example, if you lost your password, you surely need a mobile number or alternative email address or a recovery code to do it. If you don’t have any of these then there’s no chance you can complete the action. while in other email services, you can reset the password without these three options easily.